To add Google search to your WordPress website, you will need to sign up for a Google Custom Search Engine and get the search engine ID. Here are the steps to add Google search to your WordPress website:
- Go to the Google Custom Search Engine page at https://cse.google.com/cse/ and sign in with your Google account.
- Click the “New Search Engine” button.
- Enter the URL of your website in the “Sites to search” field.
- Choose the language and country for your search engine.
- Click the “Create” button to create your search engine.
- On the next page, you will see your search engine ID in the “Search engine ID” field. Copy this ID.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New and search for “Google Custom Search” plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- In the WordPress dashboard, go to Settings > Google Custom Search.
- Paste the search engine ID that you copied earlier into the “Search engine ID” field.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
Your Google search should now be integrated into your WordPress website. You can customize the appearance and other settings of the search by going to the plugin settings page.